Wednesday, July 16, 2008

No More Dr. Brad

For the last few weeks, Brad has been playing the role of my doctor...well kinda. We have nicknamed him Dr. Brad. Since I had some issues with the incision from my c-section, Brad has been cleaning and packing part of it for the last 4 weeks or so. First a nurse came to our place to show him how to do it and then he took over. His nightstand looked like a shelf from a Dr.'s office loaded down with gauze, saline, q-tips and tape. But now it's all over!!!! Even though there is still a small hole left open on my incision (sorry if that grosses you out), my Dr. says that it does not need to be packed anymore. Although I am sure Brad is happy to not have to do this anymore, I think I am the happiest because it was not a pleasant experience. Even though it was gross and uncomfortable, I'm thankful that Dr. Brad stepped up to the plate. Thanks Dr. Brad.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm so glad for you that that's done and over. You are so lucky to have such a sweet hubby to take care of you!

Anonymous said...

O Becky, I am so sorry you had to go through that. C-sections have got to be the worst to recover from.
So nice that you have a good man to take care of you like that. Way to go Dr. Brad!
PS Erin is the best. Check out her websit www.erintphotagraphy.com You should go to the beach for a mommy & me group photo shoot with us when your ready.

Anonymous said...

k, i spelled photography wrong.

Michelle said...

I had to pack a wound for Mike after he had surgery a few years ago. He is no longer allowed to ask me, "how much do you love me??" Cause that says it ALL!! :)