Monday, February 16, 2009

Letter Blocks


Thanks to a magazine I got for Christmas, I found a cute pattern to make letter blocks out of fabric. Not wanting to take on the challenge alone, a bunch of us girls from my apartment complex met up to conquer them together. Although no one is completely finished it was fun to get together and to see everyones creations. I used only scraps from a quilt that I made for Christmas so my blocks look a lot like my mom's new quilt. Here are pictures of my blocks along with a picture of the quilt I made for my mom. Brad told me if I didn't post of picture of it than he would, so here ya go.

I made an extra "L" block so we can spell Mallory's name.

A closer look.

I really bit off more than I could chew with this. I'm just happy it turned out okay.




Us girls sewing in the rec room.

Finished blocks....Yay!!!!


So proud of myself!!!

One good looking "C" block!!!

And thanks to the fact that these blocks are time consuming we are getting together again to try and finish them. Thanks to the girls for coming out and sewing with me.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, I'm impressed. That quilt is awesome! And those blocks are soooooo cute!

Cristi said...

I love those blocks. Would you be willing to tell me where you got the pattern? I think that would be a fun project. I also think that quilt is beautiful- I am amazed!

Marla said...

Wow Becky that quilt is very impressive. I can't believe all the detail. Looks awesome!

DHemsath said...

Thanks Becky for organizing that night. It was so much fun. I still only have my two blocks done. But I will finish someday, and when I do, I'll put a post on my blog about it. :-)

nikki said...

the quilt looks great! glad you got it finished.